Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My assignment hangs in the balance

Well my assignment is at a cross roads, essentially my original assignment was to do some quite obvious tasks. These included such things as assist the organisation to improve project management, financial management and generally improve systems where possible. It now seems that there are issues with doing these tasks and there is resistance by sections of the same organisation that I am meant to be assisting, whether this is from poor communication between parties who originally determined my position description or from people within the organisation who feel threatened by change, is difficult to tell. This is a situation that I did anticipate to some degree. The issue from now on will be how it’s resolved and what the outcome will be.

The most important point will be for all parties agreeing on new tasks for me to do that benefit the two key partners of who have placed me here. Another factor that’s critically important is that I need to be doing something that’s actually benefitting me and that’s providing me with some satisfaction. It’s a two way street everyone needs to be getting something from this gig.
As my very wise boss said, it’s a long haul to be out there for two years if you’re not doing something that’s not providing you with little satisfaction.    
   
There was a passing mention by him of being assigned to another province altogether, Makira is a long way from Choiseul but the birding there is damn good. Could be a great move.

Let’s see what up and coming discussions resolve, when all the main players converge on Taro.       
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment